PGC Meeting Dates, Topics, Speakers, Location & Other Events
It's possible that PCG meeting topics, speakers and/or any event may change for various reasons. Also, from time to time we will be adding new information so please be sure to check back for updates.
Do you have ideas for PCG meetings you don't see listed here or one or more subjects you would like to have again? If so, you are welcome to send us an email or share your suggestions with any of the Board Members.
More information about outside events may be obtained at PCG meetings or from a Board Member.
2023-2024 PCG Schedule & Other Events
* December 12. Christmas Potluck, games, and optional $25 (new) gift exchange. To be held at the Placerville Veterans' Memorial Building (our usual meeting place).
* December 5. Holiday Wreath Making. To be held at the Placerville Veterans' Memorial Building (our usual meeting place), 10am-12pm. Please sign up with Patty Schwartz. Contact information can be found under our Membership Roster, password projected. Members are asked to stay afterwards to help decorate the VMB for the Veterans' Holiday Party later that evening. Donated desserts for their party will also be appreciated.
CANCELED * December 3. Placerville Christmas Parade. Details to be announced later.
* November 18 Decorate the PGC Christmas Tree along Hwy 50. Contact Debra Nattrass if interested. Contact information can be found under our Membership Roster, password projected.
* November 14. Food Forests taught by Zach Dowell, Master Gardener. This is about the practice of placing food plants to occupy seven specific layers with roles: canopy, understory, shrub, herbaceous, rhizosphere, ground cover, and climbing. NOTE: This meeting will be held at the Placerville Library , 345 Fair Lane.
* November 3. 100 Years of Garden Clubbing, a Victorian Tea Affaire offered by The Chicago Park Garden Club, Grass Valley. Requires advance ticket purchase.
* October 17. Field Trip to Hope Valley for garden club members. Car pool to beautiful Hope Valley for Fall colors, meeting in Placerville and Pollock Pines. Bring your own lunch and volunteer to drive or chip in $10 for gas. Requires sign-up at the October meeting or contact Patty Schwartz through our password protected Club's roster.
* October 14. Free Organic Composting offered by El Dorado County Disposal. This is a ribbon cutting event for their Compost Area at the Recycling Center at 580 Truck St, Placerville to share the use of compost. The event will be held from 10-2 pm, on October 14th. They will be cooking lunch, BBQ hot dogs, chips and drink at no charge. PGC will host a booth.
* October 10. How to Keep Our Trees Healthy presented by Certified Arborists Chad and Caroline Bartz of Foothill Forest Care. They will discuss some common problems with trees and solutions. NOTE: This meeting will be held at the Placerville Library , 345 Fair Lane.
* September 22. Autumn Delights Workshop a program by The Bloomers Garden Club, The EDH Newcomers Club and EDC Master Gardeners held at the EDH Library. Covers mystery of autumn leaves, creating wreaths & centerpieces, take-home instructions on
various Fall related topics. Must register by September 15. Click here for more information.
* September 12. Ten Most Wanted Bugs To Have In Your Garden (and a bit about pests too), with speaker Julie Barbour covering how to enjoy a healthy and sustainable garden without the need for toxic chemicals that saves money and resources, as well as protecting the health of families, pets, and the environment. NOTE: This meeting will be held at the Placerville Library , 345 Fair Lane.
PCG Meeting Times & Location
The Placerville Garden Club typically meets:
~ The second Tuesday of each month
~ 10 a.m. to noon
~ At the Veterans Memorial Building, 130 Placerville Drive, Placerville, CA 95667